Dr. Ganesh H.K. - Endocrinology in Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Dr. Ganesh H K is a Consultant Endocrinologist. He is known for his accurate diagnosis. He was one of five Indians selected to attend the Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society Fellows Course (in Pediatric Endocrinology) at Ryong, Thailand. He has contributed several papers to various peer-reviewed journals. He has attended numerous conferences across the country and internationally, at which he has made several presentations in his field of expertise. He has also obtained specialized certification associated with his line of work over the years.
- A R Seth award (Best Original Research award in Endocrinology in India) for the work on “Prevalence of hypogonadism in type 2 diabetes mellitus” at Endocrine Society of India Conference, 2008 held at AIMS, Ernakulam.
- Best Original Research award in NAPCON-2002 for the work on “Black patches in Bronchoscopy”.
- Presented a paper on “Pheochromocytoma in Children and Adolescents” at ‘Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society’ Conference-2006, held at Pattaya, Thailand.
- Presented a poster on “Profile of Lymphocytic Hypophysitis: K E M Experience” at ‘Endocrine society of India’ Conference-2006, held at Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Presented a poster on “Ventilatory Dysfunction in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus” at ‘API’ Conference-2003 , held at Varanasi, U.P.
- Presented a poster on “Relation between Common Carotid Artery Intima Media Thickness and Acute Coronary Syndrome” at ‘API’ Conference-2003 , held at Varanasi, U.P.
- Presented a poster on “Relation between Common Carotid Artery Intima Media Thickness and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus” at ‘API’ Conference-2003 , held at Varanasi, U.P.
- Presented a poster on “Comparison of Weight Reduction by Sibutramine in Obese Type 2 Diabetic and Obese Non-Diabetic Patients” at ‘API’ Conference-2003 , held at Varanasi, U.P.
- Role of Laparoscopic Bilateral Adrenalectomy in Cushing’s disease after failed Trans Sphenoidal Surgery: KEM (Mumbai) Experience. Poster session, June 25, 2006, at ENDO 2006, The Endocrine Society’s 88th Annual meeting, Boston.
- Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Children and Adolescents Poster session, Nov 2006, at Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society (APPES 2006), Pattaya, Thailand.
- Changing Profile of Primary Hyperparathyroidism: KEM Experience , Poster presentation at 36th Annual ESICON 2006, Jaipur, November 2006
- “Cushing’s Syndrome: Institutional experience”. Poster presentation at International Update in Pediatric Endocrinology 2008, Mumbai.
- Gold medal holder.
- An unusual variant of Cushing syndrome. Endocrine Practice 2008 Sep; 14(6): 717-720.
- Prevalence Of Hypogonadism In Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus In Asian Indian Population. Endocrine Practice Vol 15 No. 6 September/October 2009.
- Massive cranial osteolysis: a new syndrome?. American Journal Of Medical genetics.
- Bone mineral density and disorders of mineral metabolism in chronic liver disease. World J Gastroenterol 2009 July 28; 15(28): 3516-3522.
- Prevalence of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. JAPI ; 2009; 57: 205-210.
- Trained in Radioimmunoassay and their clinical applications: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, India.2006.
- Staged diabetes management trainer: WHO –IDC “train the trainer” program 2005.
- Trained in ‘Diabetic Foot Management’ at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin, 2007.
- Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society Fellows Course (In Pediatric Endocrinology), October 2006, Ryong, Thailand (One among the five Indians selected. Selection was based on academic qualifications, achievements and a research paper submission)