Dr. H. S. Chhabra - Chief of Spine Service & Medical Director in Delhi, Delhi, India
Dr. H.S. Chhabra is a renowned orthopaedic spine surgeon. He completed his Masters in Orthopaedic Surgery in 1991 and did Spine fellowships from Germany, Netherlands and Seoul, South Korea. He pioneered the Laser and Endoscopic disc surgery in India and has presented papers on same in various National and International conferences.
Dr. Chhabra deals with all types of Spine patients ranging from Trauma to Tumour, Spinal deformities, backaches, Cervical and Lumbar disc Herniations, cervical myelopathy, Spondylolysthesis etc. He has evolved a unique technique for minimally invasive spinal fusion. He is opinion leader in development of spinal endoscopes and other spinal implants and instruments, manufactured by famous international companies,like karlstorz(Germany). Besides spine he also performs complicated trauma surgery,like pelviacetabular & intraarticular comminuted fractures and joint replacement surgeries.
Dr. H.S. Chhabra is successfully performing all the modern spine surgeries at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, New Delhi with his team of spine surgeons, trained at renowned spine centres abroad. Besides Minimally invasive endoscopic spine surgery, He regularly performs surgeries like Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty, Cervical and Lumbar disc replacements, Instrumented spinal fusions (PLIF, TLIF, ALIF), tumor surgeries with expandable cages and vertebral reconstructions, Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion with cages/plates, Scoliosis and kyphosis corrections surgery (Anterior/Posterior/Endoscopic).
- performed more than 3000 Spine Surgeries in Indian Spinal Injuries Centre with its complete spectrum ranging from Spinal Trauma to deformities and degenerative back to Spinal Tumors. On an average do about 60-75 Spine Surgeries a month with excellent results.
- specialises in percutaneous transforaminal endoscopic disc surgeries under local anesthesia, where patient can resume his normal activities from next day. This surgery is going to be the future of all spine surgeries.
Membership & Certificates
- Chairman of Education Committee of International Spinal Cord Society
- Board Member of International Group for Advancement in Spinal Science (IGASS)
- Council Member of International Spinal Cord Society & AO Spine India (responsible for reference centers and fellowships)
- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre
- INSPIRE– As Research Project of ISIC with National Institute of Disability & Research, Ministry of Education, USA
- Delhi Spine Society
- The Spine Arthroplasty Society (SAS), The International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- ASIA Pacific Orthopaedic Association
Awards and Honours
- RASHTRIYA RATTAN AWARD for the year 2006 by International Study Circle, A Forum of Intellectuals
- Recognized the distinguished contribution towards Development of Speciality of Orthopaedics on Doctors Day, 1st July 2006.
- Confers the prestigious award “Oder of the star of the Italian solidarity” (OSSI) by the President of the Republic. Italian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hon’ble Massimo D’ Alema in 2007.
- Distinguish Services Towards People with Disabilities Awarded by Rotary Club, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi in Year 2009
- XXIII National Excellence Awards in Year 2013