Dr. Niraj Sharad Kasat - Consultant: Joint Replacement Surgery in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Dr Niraj is an accomplished and trained Orthopedic & Joint Replacement surgeon. He specializes in minimally invasive and computer assisted knee and hip Replacement surgery. He did adult reconstruction felllowship at Tan Tock Seng hospital in Singapore. Thereafter he worked in Singapore at Changi general hospital in joint replacement and trauma divsion of orthopedic department for 3 years. He was felicitated with best doctors award at Changi General Hospital in 2014. He has vast experience in managing orthopaedic trauma involving pelvi-acetabulum fractures, polytrauma, open fractures, periprosthetic fractures and osteoporotic fractures. He has expertise in minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis for periarticular fractures and Ilizharow method used for infected non union and limb lengthening cases.
Currently Dr. Niraj Kasat is working as chief Joint Replacement Surgeon at Wockhardt Hospitals- Mira Road. Before joining Wockhardt Hospitals, Dr. Niraj has been associated with Changi General Hospital- Singapore, Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Central Railway Hospital, Mumbai and Bandra Bhabha Municipal Corporation Hospital.
- Patellar instability with and without trochlear dysplasia: new arthroscopic medial soft tissue plication with pullout technique. Orthopedic Journal, Oct 2013
- Isolated percutaneous thoracoplasty procedure for skeletally mature adolescent idiopathic scoliosis patients, with rib deformity as their only concern: short-term outcomes.Spine Journal, Jan 2013
- Effect of soft tissue thickness over the posterior border of the vertebral body and disc space on cage placement during posterior lumbar interbody fusion: a cadaveric study ,Journal of Clinical Anatomy, Nov 2012
- The radiological parameters correlated with the alignment of the femoral component after Oxford phase 3 unicompartmental knee replacement. JBJS British Journal, Nov 2012
- Improvement in reflux gastroesophagitis in a patient with spinal muscular atrophy after surgical correction of kyphoscoliosis: a case report .Journal of Clinial Orthopedics and Related Research, July 2012
- A case report of 3-level degenerative spondylolisthesis with spinal canal stenosis. International Journal of Surgery Case Reports, Dec 2014.
Awards & Honors
- Table Instructor: Masters Hip Course, Mumbai 2010.
- Faculty National: AO Trauma course Aug 2014; Singapore
- Awarded as best doctor 2013-14 at Changi General Hospital.Singapore
- Distinction in Pharmacology in second year M.B.B.S
- Distinction in first, second and final year M.B.B.S
- MH-PGCET: Stood 25th in Maharashtra Post Graduation common entrance test.