Dr Sathwik R Shetty - Consultant, Neurology and Neurosurgery in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Dr Sathwik R Shetty is an accomplished neurosurgeon. After having completed his medical graduation from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, he pursued his post graduate training in Neurosurgery and received his Diplomate of National Board in Neurosurgery from the prestigious National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. He then completed a one year Fellowship in Functional Neurosurgery from KIMS, Secunderabad where he received training in the surgical management of Epilepsy and Deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease. He has received advanced training in Endoscopic skull base surgery from Weil Cornell Medicine (NY, USA) and also in Deep brain stimulation from Toronto Western Hospital (Toronto,Canada). Dr Sathwik R Shetty has previously worked as Junior Consultant Neurosurgeon at Narayana Multispecialty Hospital, Whitefield before joining Manipal Hospital, Bangalore in 2014 where he is practising as a Consultant Neurosurgeon.
Dr Sathwik R Shetty has not only developed excellent surgical techniques for a wide variety of Brain tumors but also has special and unique skills in managing patients of Movement disorders with Deep Brain Stimulation(DBS), Epilepsy surgery and Minimally invasive endoscopic resection of skull base tumors. He is also an expert in spine surgery and cerebrovascular surgery. He has vast experience in the management of head and spine trauma. He has more than 20 scientific paper presentations/publications at various national and international meetings.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- “BEST PAPER” award – SPINE 2011: Annual meeting of the Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association of India (NSSA) C1-C2 Joint distraction and fusion with spacers
- “BEST POSTER” award- NEUROCON 2012: Annual meeting of the Neurological Society of India(NSI) Radiofrequency ablative procedures: A cost effective procedure for patients with movement disorders
- “BEST PAPER”award – SKULL BASECON 2015 Annual conference of the Skull Base Surgery Society of India (SBSSI) Persistent Sternberg’s canal: A rare cause of CSF rhinorrhea
- MEMBER, ORGANISING COMMITTEE – NEUROVASCON 2013 Annual meeting of the Cerebrovascular Surgeons of India
- FACULTY- NEUROCON 2013 Annual meeting of the Neurological Society of India (NSI)
- HELSINKI UNIVERSITY CENTRAL HOSPITAL, FINLAND – MAY 2015 Visiting Neurosurgeon at the Department of Neurosurgery.
Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA (CNS)
European Society of Neurological Surgeons (EANS)
Neurological Society of India(NSI)
Skull Base Surgery Society of India (SBSSI)
Neuro Trauma Society of India (NTSI)
Bangalore Neurological Society (BNS)
Indian Medical Association (IMA)