Radiation Oncology, High-end precision radiotherapy (SRS, SRT, SBRT, IGRT, VMAT, IMRT),
- MBBS, MD (Radiation Oncology), DNB (Radiation Oncology)
- He joined Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in 1982. Dr. Shrivastava served as Professor and Head of the Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital for over 14 years prior to his superannuation in October 2016.
- Dr. Shrivastava has over 250 research publications in peer-reviewed national and international journals and book chapters to his credit.
- He is an excellent teacher, and his students are successfully practising in India and abroad. He has been the examiner in several universities in India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Nepal, etc.
- Dr. Shyam Shrivastava occupies a leadership position in many cancer organisations nationally and internationally. He has been the President of AROI (Association of Radiation Oncologists of India), IAHOM (Indian Association of Hyperthermia in Medicine) and FARO (Federation of Asian Organisations for Radiation Oncology).
- He continues to be a member and expert for various committees for several institutions in India, IAEA, WHO, etc.