Dr. Subramanian Kannan is a Consultant Endocrinologist at Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center with an experience of over 7 years. Dr. Kannan completed his Under-Graduation from the Stanley Medical College and his Post-Graduation in Internal Medicine from the Madras Medical College. He subsequently went to the University of Connecticut for his American Board Certification in Internal Medicine and trained at the Cleveland Clinic for his fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolism.
He has extensive clinical experience managing patients with Diabetes and has worked as part of multidisciplinary teams for comprehensive patient care. Dr. Kannan is prolific in medical writing and has more than 45 publications in indexed journals to his credit. He is actively involved in Clinical Research and teaching.
- Caregiver Celebration Award- Kudos: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, May 2013.
- Maxwell O.Phelps Award: Scholarship in Medicine, UCONN Internal Medicine Residency, June 2010.
- Presidential Poster Award for the best poster: Adrenal vein Sampling Criteria for surgically remediable Primary Hyperaldosteronism, Endocrine Society Meeting, San Diego, June 2010.
- Prof. M. A. Muthusethupathi prize in Nephrology, Chennai, India, August 2005.
- All India Endocrine Quiz: Second place conducted by the Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism Christian Medical College, Vellore, India, July 2005.
- Dr. Niyamathullah award for a paper on “Pathogenesis of edema states” at the Indian society of Nephrology, Chennai, India – February 2005.
- Sankuni Marar Memorial Gold Medal in Physiology, Chennai, India January 1998.
- Endocrine Society of India
- Karnataka Endocrine Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine