Dr Vidyadhara S is a dedicated Spine Surgeon with a special focus on Spinal Deformity Surgeries, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Computer Assisted Spine Surgery, Artificial Disc Replacements, and Complex Revision Spine Surgeries. He is also involved in Stem Cell Therapy for Spinal Cord Injury, and Interventional Pain Management.
He completed his MS and DNB in Orthopedics at KMC Manipal, winning Gold Medals. He then pursued his career in spine surgery by completing a 2-year structured fellowship of the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi (FNB-Spine Surgery) at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- First Indian to become Chairman of Communication Committee of Scoliosis Research Society, USA (2017-20)
- Scoliosis Research Society Traveling Fellowship 2012
- Fifth from India and lone active member of Scoliosis Research Society from Karnataka
- International Society for Study of Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) Best Research Award, 2010
- Most Promising Spine Research Award Hong Kong Orthopedic Association, 2009
- Scoliosis Research Spine Society Educational Scholarship, 2008
- Dr R L Mittal IOA Fellowship, 2008
- Lester Lowe SICOT Award, 2007
- ISCA Young Scientist Award, 2006 from the then President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- ASSI-Depuy Best Research Award, 2005
- APOA-Depuy Travelling Spine Fellowship, 2005
- Research Grant by Foundation Yues Cotrel Insitut de Francefor 2004-05
- Editorial Board of 4 International Indexed Journals
- Reviewer Board of 7 International Indexed Journals
- Dr. TMA Pai Gold Medal for the best outgoing postgraduate student of year 2002 by MAHE University.
- INOR India Gold Medal for the Best postgraduate student for the year 2002.
Fellowships & Memberships
- Fellow of National board of Examinations (FNB) in Spine Surgery
- Fellow of University of Hong Kong in Spine Surgery
- Active Fellow of “Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)”.
- Chairman, Communication Committee of Scoliosis Research Society USA (2017-20).
- Editor, SRS Newsletter (2017-20)
- Associate Member of ‘SICOT’.
- Platinum Member ‘AO Spine Asia-Pacific’.
- Member of ‘Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association’ (APOA).
- Member, Assistant Editorial Board – European Spine Journal
- Corresponding Member, Editorial Board – International Orthopaedics (SICOT).
- Advisor, Editorial Board – Archives of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery (AOTS).
- Co-opted member – Spine, Editorial Board – Indian Journal of Orthopaedics
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences, India
- Life Member of the ‘Indian Orthopaedic Association’ (IOA).