Dr Vimal Kumar G - Consultant - Medical Oncology & Paediatics in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Dr. Vimal Kumar completed his MBBS from Madras Medical College, TN MGR Mediacal University, MD Paediatrics from SMS Medical College, Jaipur, FNB (National Board of Examinations Fellowship) in Paediatric Haematology Oncology from Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, and International Fellowship in Blood & Marrow Transplantation from St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK. He has more than 5 years of experience in the field of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology. He has proven competence in management of various cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, solid tumors and blood disorders in children. He has been involved in more than 100 allogenic and autologous stem cell transplantation both in India and UK. He has special interest and is trained in haplo-identical stem cell transplantation from UK.
MBBS – Madras Medical College, Chennai
MD (Paediatrics), SMS Medical College, Jaipur
FNB (Paediatric Haemato-Oncology), Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai
International Fellowship in Paediatric haematology and BMT, Imperial College, London
- Member, Tamil Nadu Medical Council
- Member, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
- Member, General Medical Council (GMC,UK)
- Won Late Dr. Puneet Sharma GOLD MEDAL for the Best Outgoing Student of the year in MD Pediatrics.
- Multidisciplinary management of hepatoblastoma in children: Experience from a developing country’- in press, Pediatric Blood and Cancer
- Haploidentical BMT with a Post-Infusion of Stem Cells Cyclophosphamide Approach is Feasible and Leads to a High Rate of Donor Engraftment in Haemoglobinopathies Allowing Universal Application of Transplantation’ – British Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation (BSBMT) conference held at London, UK
- Autologous Immune Enhancement Therapy in Philadelphia chromosome positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: A Case Report’ – Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Kaposiform Haemangioendothelioma in a 3 month old infant’ – Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Early T-cell Precursor Leukemia: A subtype of very high risk Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia’- Abstract No.42, Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Volume 29, Number.
- A treosulphan based reduced toxicity conditioning protocol for children with Thalassemia Major’- Abstract No.183, Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Volume 29, Number.
- Sibling cord and bone marrow to cure children with Thalassemia Major’- Abstract No.184, Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion.
- Estimation of Serum Ferritin as a useful marker to predict adverse outcome in Unrelated Cord blood transplantation in children’- Abstract No.185, Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion.
- Combination chelation therapy for transfusional hemosiderosis in Thalassemia Major’- Abstract No.258 Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion.