Dr. Vipin Khandelwal is a highly qualified and experienced medical oncologist with specialization in treating pediatric blood disorders. He has presented many papers in national and international conferences and published several research papers on blood disorders and bone marrow transplant, in reputed journals.
At present he is working as a Consultant in Hemato-Oncology & BMT at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi. Previously, he has worked at SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Lok Nayak Hospital Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi and Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi.
Education & Training
- MBBS, MD (Pediatrics)
- Fellowship in Pediatric Hemato-Oncology & BMT
- Observership in Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatric Hemato Oncology –Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai
- BMT –Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai
Pediatric bone marrow transplant from matched sibling donor, cord blood transplantation with special interest in hemoglobinopathies and primary immunodeficiency disorders.
Publications & Abstacts
- “Comparison of Amicus and COBE Spectra for allogenic peripheral blood stem cell harvest: Study from tertiary care centre in India”- Transfus Apher Sci. 2017 Jun; 56(3):439-444
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant in Elderly Patients: Experience from a Tertiary Care Centre in Northern India. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2016 Jun; 32(Suppl 1):S 205-7
- Rhizopus Laryngitis Post Allogenic Stem Cell Transplantation” – American Journal of Infectious Diseases 2016, 12 (2): 46.49.
- An unusual cause of anemia and encephalopathy. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2015 May 1; 7(1):e2015036
- “Autologous immune enhancement therapy in Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia” – Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion: Volume 30, Issue 1 (2014), Page 202-204
- “Haploidentical hematopoietic SCT for acquired severe aplastic anemia using post-transplant high-dose CY ” – Letter to the Editor Bone Marrow Transplantation , (6 October 2014) | doi:10.1038/bmt.2014.222
- “Cost of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in India”- Mediterranean journal of hematology and infectious diseases 2014; 6; Open Journal System
- Abstract A-481-0017-01382 “Outcome of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia in a tertiary referral centre in India” e-Journal of Pediatric Blood and Cancer , SIOP 2012 congress – paper in progress
- Abstract A-481-0017-01361 “Successful therapy of swine flu during Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) induction chemotherapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation” e-Journal of Pediatric Blood and Cancer , SIOP 2012 congress – paper in progress
- Abstract A-481-0001-01007 “Oncaspar improves outcomes in children with newly diagnosed acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in a developing country” e-Journal of Pediatric Blood and Cancer , SIOP 2012 congress – paper in progress