Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas - Director - Surgical Oncology & Chief - Robotic Surgery Surgical Oncology in Delhi, Delhi, India
Well-acclaimed Onco Surgeon, Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas, has recently joined BLK Super Speciality Hospital. Dr. Dabas is a distinguished mentor and specialist in the highly advanced field of Robotic Surgery and has vast experience in head and neck malignancies. He has joined BLK Hospital as the Director of Surgical Oncology and Chief of Robotics Surgery at our newly upgraded BLK Cancer Centre.
A leading pioneer of Robotic Head and Neck Surgery in India, Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas has a vast experience in Oncology and is an international mentor of Robotic Surgery. His Clinical focus is on Head and Neck Oncology, Trans-Oral Robotic Surgery, Robotic GI Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Gynaecological Surgery. He has been actively involved in teaching Robotic Surgeries across India. He has done the maximum number of Robotic Head and Neck Surgery in Asia. He also has numerous National and International publications under his name.
Before joining the team of experts at BLK, Dr. Dabas was previously engaged with some of the leading medical institutes in the country including Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre as Chief of Head and Neck Oncology and Robotic Surgery, and Fortis Memorial Research Institute as Director of Head & Neck, Breast and Thoracic Services.
Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, facilities and experienced faculty and staff, BLK Cancer Centre offers personalised and comprehensive cancer care. With a patient-centric multidisciplinary approach, our medical and administrative experts work seamlessly to ensure meticulous handling of the entire medical needs of our patients. The ‘Multidisciplinary Management’ approach of the centre helps us
optimise patient care to a highly personalised level. At BLK Super Speciality Hospital, our mission is to advance patient care, education and research to change the course of cancer care.
- Executive Council Membership of International Guild of Robotic & Endoscopic Head – Neck Surgeons (IGREHNS)
- Foundation of Head – Neck Oncology (FHNO)
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
Publications & Presentations
- Presented paper on “TORS in Head and Neck Cancer and our experience” at China in May 2014 , Presented two posters on TORStitled “Transoral Robotic Surgery in Management of Oropharyngeal Cancers: A Preliminary Experience at a Tertiary Cancer Centre in India” and “Transoral Robotic Surgery For Recurrent or Residual Head and Neck Cancers: A Prospective Study of Feasibility and Functional Outcome” at 1st International TORS conference at Philadelphia, US in August 2014
- Dinesh A, Shukla H, Dabas S et al: Simultaneous lingual and hypoglossal nerve block: a novel technique, Journal of the American College of Surgeons 10/2015; 221(4):e133.
- Dinesh A, dabas S, Ranjan R, Shukla H: Simultaneous submandibular gland preserving neck dissection and transoral robotic surgery for oropharygeal and supraglottic malignancies, Journal of the American College of Surgeons 10/2015; 221(4):e133-e134.
- Dinesh A, Ranjan R, Shukla H, dabas S: Atypical carcinoid of larynx and management using transoral robotic surgery: Supraglottic laryngectomy, ASJO 01/2015; 1(1):55. · DOI:10.4103/2454-6798.165116
- Dabas S, Dewan A, Ranjan R, Dewan AK, Shukla H, Sinha R:Salvage Transoral Robotic Surgery for Recurrent or Residual Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Single Institution Experience, Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16(17):7627-32
- Dabas S, Dewan A, Ranjan R, Dewan AK, Puri A, Shah SH, Sinha R: Transoral robotic surgery in management of oropharyngeal cancers: a preliminary experience at a tertiary cancer centre in India, Int J ClinOncol. 2015 Aug;20(4):693-700
- Dewan AK, Dabas SK, Pradhan T, Mehta S, Dewan A, Sinha R: Squamous cell carcinoma of the superior gingivobuccal sulcus: an 11-year institutional experience of 203 cases, Jpn J ClinOncol. 2014 Sep;44(9):807-11
- Published paper on “Traumatic Handlebar Hernia associated with Hepatic Herniation “: a case report and review of the literature. Hernia. Volume 11, Number 4, August 2007, pp.365-367 (3).
- Abstract: “Completion Radical Surgery for Incidental Gall Bladder Carcinoma”. Tropical Gastroenterology 2012;32 (3) Suppl 3: S76.
- Presented poster titled Feasibility, Surgical and functional outcome of Transoral Robotic Laryngeal Conservation Surgery – Our Experience in India in 3rd international TORS conference held at San Fransisco,CA, USA