With over 25 years of experience in all facets of radiological imaging and 15 years of experience in various interventions, Dr Chander Mohan currently works as a Senior Consultant and Director in AARCE & Interventional Radiology Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi. In 2005, he received the Sena Medal for his exceptionally distinguished services from the President of India. Dr Chander Mohan also bagged the General Officer Commander-in Chief Commendation Medal for his exemplary services during the Kargil War in 2000. In 2001, Dr Chander Mohan received the Late Major Gen. LG Latey Memorial Silver Medal for Vascular Embolotherapy from the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services. In January 2008, he received the Dr. K.M Rai Memorial Oration Gold Medal for his study ‘Vascular Interventions – Past, Present and Future’ by the Indian Radiological & Imaging Association in Bangalore.
Before BLK, Dr Chander Mohan worked in several military and army hospitals in Delhi, Pune, Srinagar and Calcutta. His professional qualifications include MD in Radiodiagnosis and several national and international fellowships. To his credit, he has a six-month post doctoral certificate in Radiodiagnosis Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai and a two-year post doctoral training in Vascular Radiology from King Edward Memorial Hospital. When he was in UK, he accomplished a premium training in Neuro-intervention applications of Bi Plane Digital Subtraction Angiography with Rotational Angiography System from Radcliff Infirmary in Oxford. A visiting fellowship in Neuro-intervention from Rothschild Hospital in Paris is yet another jewel in his crown.
Dr Chander Mohan holds lifetime memberships at several professional bodies like, National Academy of Medical Sciences, European Society of Radiology, Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology Society of Europe, Indian Radiological & Imaging Association, Indian College of Radiology & Imaging, Indian Society of Vascular & Interventional Radiology, Indian Society of Neuro-radiology, Indian Medical Association, Indian Academy of Medical Specialties, Indian College of General Practitioners.
Awards and Achievements
- Military Decorations: Sena Medal for exceptionally distinguished services by Honorable President of India (2005)
- Military Awards: General Officer Commanding-in-Chief Commendation Medal (for exemplary Service (2000) during & after Kargil war
- Professional Awards: Late Maj Gen LG Latey Memorial Silver Medal for Vascular Embolotherapy- How much has been achieved? by Director General Armed Forces Medical Services, February 2001 .Dr KM Rai Memorial Oration Gold Medal, Vascular Interventions-Past, Present & Future Bangalore, by Indian Radiological & Imaging Association, January 2008
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- European Society of Radiology
- Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology Society of Europe
- Indian Radiological & Imaging Association
- Indian College of Radiology & Imaging
- Indian Society of Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Indian Society of Neuro-radiology
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Academy of Medical Specialties
- Indian College of General Practioners
Research and Publications
- Scientific Papers published- 35 (2 more under print)
- Scientific paper presentations- 35 (including eleven in International conferences)