Kidney Transplant Treatment Cost, Hospitals, and Doctors
The kidneys play an imperative role in our lives as they purify our blood and excrete wastes from our body. A kidney transplant is recommended when a person’s kidneys fail to purify the blood. As a result, harmful fluids are getting accumulated inside the body which leads to severe diseases. A kidney transplant is a medical procedure in which an expert replaces the damaged kidneys with healthy ones from a donor.
Medical tourism is growing exponentially over the past few years in India and as a result, you will get low-cost kidney transplant treatment in India. Kidney transplant cost in India is also quite affordable and it is nearly 5-6 lakhs. That’s why a plethora of patients every year comes to India from other countries for their treatment. Livonta Global is a renowned name in medical tourism which is tied up with eminent hospitals that provide the best kidney transplant surgery in India.
What are the Different Types of Kidney Diseases?
Take a look at the list of different types of kidney diseases.
- Alport Syndrome
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Fabry Disease
- Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis
- IgA Nephropathy (Berger’s Disease)
- Kidney Stones
- Minimal Change Disease
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
In What Conditions a Patient is Considered Fit for a Kidney Transplant?
There are certain medical conditions in which kidney transplant is not possible. These conditions are,
- A disease of heart, lung, and liver.
- A person who is suffering from osteomyelitis or certain kind of infection such as TB, then kidney transplant is not recommended by the doctors.
- A person who has cancer is not at all advised for a kidney transplant
- Chain smoker
- Too much drug addiction
- A person who consumes alcohol regularly
- Infection such as Hepatitis
If a person is not suffering from any of the above-mentioned conditions, then he is recommended for a kidney transplant.
Kidney Transplant Procedure
Kidney transplantation is a medical procedure which is performed by surgeons or experts who have exceptional knowledge and skills in this field. During the process, the diseased kidney transplanted with a healthy kidney from a donor. A healthy kidney can either be obtained from a living donor or a deceased donor. Before the transplantation procedure, a chunk of tests is performed to evaluate how well the donor’s kidney matches with the recipient’s tissue type and blood type. The surgery is a longer procedure and it may take about 3 to 4 hours. General anesthesia is used to perform kidney transplantation.
An incision is made in the lower abdomen during the procedure so that the surgeon can access the diseased kidney. Then, the donor’s kidney is placed in a different location from the existing one. The renal artery and vein of the donor’s kidney are sewn to the external iliac artery and vein. Now, the ureter of the donor is connected to the recipient’s bladder. After that, the surgeon closed all the incisions with sutures and a sterile dressing is applied so that the patients won’t get any infection.
100+ Best Kidney Transplant Hospital in IndiaView All
At the onset with the brief introduction of Artemis Hospitals, established in 2007, as tertiary care, multi-specialty healthcare v...
Max is India's leading provider of comprehensive, seamless and integrated world-class healthcare services with a strong presence a...
The iconic healthcare institution of Mumbai, Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, blessed by Mahatma Gandhi and inaugurated in 1950 by ...
BLK Super Speciality
Eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Dr. B.L. Kapur had established the BLK Super Specialty Hospital in 1959. It was inauge......
Aware Gleneagles Global Hospitals
The Aware Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Located in L.B Nagar, Hyderabad, is the second Gleneagles Global Hospitals facility......
Narayana Hrudayalaya Malla Reddy Hospital
A multispecialty 300 bedded tertiary care hospital, Malla Reddy Narayana Multispecialty Hospital has 17 dedicated departments offe...
1000+ Best Kidney Transplant Doctors in India View All
Dr. Manju Aggarwal Gurgaon
A Nephrologist with many years of wide ranging experience in Nephrology at some of the best medical institutes, including, Universi...
Dr. Waheed Zaman Gurgaon
Work Experience Senior Resident in Urology & Renal Transplantation SGPGI, Lucknow 1997-2001 Associate Professor, Dept. of Urolog...
Dr. Anup Chaudhari Mumbai
Dr Anup Chaudhari is a Nephrologist at Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital. As a senior consultant of Nephrology, he provides some of the most...
Dr. Sunil Prakash Delhi
A distinguished name in the field of Nephrology, Dr. Sunil Prakash has been credited with successfully treating acute to complex nephrologic...
Dr Anil Kumar BT Hyderabad
Dr Anil completed his graduation from Adichunchangiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Mysore University, post graduation in General Medicine ...
Dr.Krishna Kishore Bengaluru
Dr Krishna Kishore C has completed his MBBS from JSS Medical College, Mysore, MD (Internal Medicine) from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal ...
Why You Should Choose Us
Livonta Global is one of the prominent facilitators for medical tourism in India. We have joined hands with the top-notch medical facilities in India. We ensure that our patients receive the best care at the most reasonable prices.
100+ Treatments under one roof.
Quality treatment within your budget
100+ Hospital in India
1000+ Surgeon & specialists on one platform
FREE Human Consultations
Patient Name : Felix Kasiti
Country : Kenya
Treatment : Heart Treatment
Patient Name : Raya Salim Al Saad
Country : Oman
Treatment : Knee Treatment
All the Treatments are accomplished
with a high success rate in India
Our Process for a Tour to India for Health
We are a rich history of taking people to India for cancer treatment in India and we have observed great results. Reach out to Livonta Global and avail the exceptional benefits of medical tourism in India.
- 01Email your queries with medical records to us at email@example.com
- We will then get various Indian hospitals to answer your query.02
- 03We will collate the responses of the various hospitals and send those to you.
- We will help you select the facility. However, the final decision is yours.04
- 05Once the hospital chosen, we will request you for the passport details of the travellers
- The next step is to get the visa invite from the selected hospital.06
- 07You may then apply for the visa to India for the patient, using this invitation at the Indian consulate, embassy/high commission in your country.
- Alongside, we will send the bank details either of our company or of the Selected hospital, whichever you prefer- so that you may transfer the funds as quoted.08
- 09After fund transfer, all the travel and treatment related arrangements will start to offer you a hassle -free experience as explained above.
Patients from 50+ Countries Have Been Cured by Livonta Global
Here follows the list of the countries from where you can travel to India for your treatment.
Best Health Care Service Provider in India
We have tried to provide answers to most of the frequently asked questions. We hope that most of the queries will be catered to here. Have a look once:
- how will you know that you have a kidney problem?
If you feel the need to urinate frequently especially during the night, then your kidneys are not working or functioning properly. This could be an early sign of kidney disease. When the filters of your kidneys are damaged, it can cause an increase in the urge to urinate. Though it can be a sign of a urinary infection or enlarged prostate (particularly in men), you may also spot some blood in your urine. Some symptoms of kidney problems are,
- A less volume of urine
- Swelling in your legs, ankles, and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- what are the common treatment procedures for kidney disease?
There are several treatments for kidney disease.
- Dialysis: Dialysis artificially removes waste products and extra fluid from your blood when your kidneys are not working properly.
- Hemofiltration: Filters are used outside of your body to clean the blood when your kidneys are injured.
- Kidney transplant: Kidney transplant is a surgical procedure in which the diseased kidney is transplanted with a healthy kidney of a living or deceased donor.
- Can the Indian Kidney doctors in India help you?
India is equipped with the best kidney doctors (neurologists) and provides a very economical kidney transplant treatment plan to the patients.The neurologists in India are very knowledgeable and possess vast experience in this medical field. They are trained from the best institutes and hold professional degrees and experiences. you will get low-cost kidney transplant treatment in India. Kidney transplant cost in India is nearly 5-6 lakes. That’s why a plethora of patients every year comes to India from other countries for their treatment.
- Care after Kidney treatment
Depending on the condition of your kidneys, you should contact the right transplant team. You need to take care of yourself after your kidney transplant.
- Avoid being around people who are sick.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Eat food with low in salt, fat, and cholesterol.
Avoid strenuous lifting and other exercises like biking, swimming, etc. for at least 6-8 weeks.
- Why Livonta Global?
Livonta Global is an established name in the field of medical tourism in India. We have partnered with the advanced and the latest healthcare facilities in India. Livonta Global ensures that all patients receive the best healthcare services at reasonable prices.
- 100+ treatments under one roof
- Quality treatment that will never burn your pocket
- 1000+ surgeons and specialists in one platform
- Tied up with 100+ hospitals in India
- Free human consultation and support for your disease
Get a FREE Quote
Let Our Medical Expert Call you Back
We provide healthcare services to all major cities in India like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, etc...