Hip replacement surgery, cost, hospitals, and doctors
Hip replacement surgery in India or total hip replacement is a common yet major surgical procedure where an experienced and deft orthopaedic surgeon replaces your painful hip joint with a prosthetic or an artificial hip joint (made up of either metal or plastics). There are several reasons when your joint may get damaged. This prosthetic or artificial hip joint helps the patient to move his hip in a hassle-free way. The prime aim of this surgery is to lessen the severe hip pain and improve the patient’s mobility. Hip replacement surgery is ideal for adults, but it is commonly performed in the age group between 60 to 80 years. You may find many best hospitals for hip replacement surgery in India. These hospitals are flooded with the best doctors for hip replacement.
India is one of the prime destinations for hip replacement surgery. Here, you will get many experienced and the best hip replacement surgeons in India at affordable prices. Many best hospitals of hip replacement surgery are embracing the patients with the latest treatment procedures at reasonable prices. Not only this but also the hip replacement surgery cost in India is quite affordable as compared to other developed countries. The cost of hip replacement surgery in India is near about $6000 only. The cost depends on various factors like duration of the stay, choice of hospitals and doctors, and certainly, choice of city for treatment.
How Much Does Hip Surgery Cost with Insurance?
Most insurance plans (Medicare and Medicaid) cover hip replacement surgery. So, talk to your insurance provider and ask about your coverage.
The Success Rate of Hip Replacement Surgery
The success rate of hip replacement surgery in India is high, with greater than 95% of patients experiencing relief from hip pain.
What are the causes of hip pain?
Hip pain is a common cause, especially among elderly people. But when your hip pain persists for a prolonged period or you are not getting any relief after using medications and other therapies, your doctor will recommend for hip replacement surgery. Common causes of hip pain are,
Types of Injuries:
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
Types of Cancer:
- Bone cancer
Types of Arthritis:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Septic Arthritis
What are the symptoms of hip pain?
Symptoms of hip pain depend on the cause of the pain. Common symptoms are,
- Joint pain
- Loss of motion of the hip
- Swelling over the hip
- Tenderness over the hip
- Difficulty in sleeping on the hip
Types of hip replacement
In a hip replacement surgery, your damaged or defected hip joint is replaced with an artificial implant. This artificial implant can be either metal, plastic, or ceramic. Two types of hip replacement are there, and they are,
- Cemented hip replacement
- Uncemented hip replacement
Cemented hip replacement : During a cemented replacement, the artificial joint parts are attached to the nearby tissues, ligaments and tendons by using special glue called cement.
Uncemented hip replacement : On the other hand, in an uncemented hip replacement, the artificial or prosthetic component usually attaches naturally or biologically.
Total hip replacement surgery can be conducted either by using the traditional method or in a minimally invasive manner. In the first method, your entire hip area is needed to cut and expose and then it will be replaced with an artificial joint. In a minimally invasive method, a short incision is made, and special devices are used to replace the damaged or defected joint.
100+ Best Hip Replacement Hospitals in IndiaView All
BLK Super Speciality
Eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Dr. B.L. Kapur had established the BLK Super Specialty Hospital in 1959. It was inauge......
At the onset with the brief introduction of Artemis Hospitals, established in 2007, as tertiary care, multi-specialty healthcare v...
The iconic healthcare institution of Mumbai, Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, blessed by Mahatma Gandhi and inaugurated in 1950 by ...
Narayana Hrudayalaya Malla Reddy Hospital
A multispecialty 300 bedded tertiary care hospital, Malla Reddy Narayana Multispecialty Hospital has 17 dedicated departments offe...
Max is India's leading provider of comprehensive, seamless and integrated world-class healthcare services with a strong presence a...
Global Hospitals at Lower Parel, Mumbai is the latest addition to the geographical footprint of Gleneagles Global Hospitals India....
1000+ Best Hip Replacement Surgeons in India View All
Dr. Vivek Mittal Delhi
Dr. Mittal is the Director and Consultant - Orthopedic Surgery and Joint Replacement at Arthritis & Joint Replacement Clinic, New Delh...
Dr.(Prof.) Ravi Sauhta Gurugram
Dr.(PROF.) Ravi Sahuta is practicing in Gurgaon since 1995 , has been a visiting consultant in different hospitals. In 2006-2016, he headed ...
Dr. Sunil Shahane Mumbai
Dr. Sunil M. Shahane is a Consultant - Orthopaedics in Nanavati Hospital, Vile Parle, Mumbai. Memberships Member - Bombay Orthopaedi...
Dr. Abhijit Chavan Bengaluru
Dr. Abhijit Chavan is an Associate Consultant - Orthopaedics in Narayana Multi Speciality Hospital, Whitefield, Bangalore. Procedu...
DR. L. TOMAR Delhi
L Tomar is a specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon and has more than 25 years of experience in Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement. H...
Dr Anup Khatri Mumbai
Dr Anup Khatri a specialist orthopaedic and joint replacement surgeon. After completing basic medical degree(MBBS) got further training and...
Why You Should Choose Us
Livonta Global is one of the prominent facilitators for medical tourism in India. We have joined hands with the top-notch medical facilities in India. We ensure that our patients receive the best care at the most reasonable prices.
100+ Treatments under one roof.
Quality treatment within your budget
100+ Hospital in India
1000+ Surgeon & specialists on one platform
FREE Human Consultations
Patient Name : Felix Kasiti
Country : Kenya
Treatment : Heart Treatment
Patient Name : Raya Salim Al Saad
Country : Oman
Treatment : Knee Treatment
All the Treatments are accomplished
with a high success rate in India
Our Process for a Tour to India for Health
We are a rich history of taking people to India for cancer treatment in India and we have observed great results. Reach out to Livonta Global and avail the exceptional benefits of medical tourism in India.
- 01Email your queries with medical records to us at email@example.com
- We will then get various Indian hospitals to answer your query.02
- 03We will collate the responses of the various hospitals and send those to you.
- We will help you select the facility. However, the final decision is yours.04
- 05Once the hospital chosen, we will request you for the passport details of the travellers
- The next step is to get the visa invite from the selected hospital.06
- 07You may then apply for the visa to India for the patient, using this invitation at the Indian consulate, embassy/high commission in your country.
- Alongside, we will send the bank details either of our company or of the Selected hospital, whichever you prefer- so that you may transfer the funds as quoted.08
- 09After fund transfer, all the travel and treatment related arrangements will start to offer you a hassle -free experience as explained above.
Patients from 50+ Countries Have Been Cured by Livonta Global
Here follows the list of the countries from where you can travel to India for your treatment.
Best Health Care Service Provider in India
We have tried to provide answers to most of the frequently asked questions. We hope that most of the queries will be catered to here. Have a look once:
- how will you know that you need a hip replacement?
- If you are suffering from soreness during or after exercise or pain that interrupts with your daily activities, then this could be a sign of hip arthritis. The pain usually occurs between your hip and knee.
- If you lost a large amount of cartilage
- If your pain doesn’t respond with other treatments including medications.
- what are the common treatment procedures for a hip replacement?
- Total joint replacement (TJR): This is the most common hip replacement surgery. It is a procedure in which the damaged hip is removed and replaced with a prosthesis of metal, ceramic or plastic components.
- Hip or joint resurfacing
- Joint Revision
- Can the Hip replacement Surgeon in India help you?
India is one of the prime destinations for hip replacement surgery. Here, you will get many experienced and skilful surgeons or experts at affordable prices. Many hospitals in India are equipped with talented hip replacement surgeons and are embracing the patients with the latest treatment procedures at reasonable prices. Not only this but also the hip replacement surgery cost in India is quite affordable as compared to other developed countries. The cost of hip replacement surgery in India is near about $6000 only.
- Care after hip replacement
To manage your pain or discomfort, you need to follow some precautions after your knee replacement treatment.
- Take your medicines as prescribed by your surgeon.
- Take some rests between activities as per needed.
- Lie down or elevate your surgical hip. If possible, place some cold packs around your surgical hip (at least three times a day) for quick recovery.
- Do some light exercises as recommended by your doctor.
- Why Livonta Global?
Livonta Global holds an exceptional reputation in medical tourism in India. We have partnered with the advanced and the latest healthcare facilities in India. We ensure that all our patients receive the best healthcare services at an affordable price.
- 100+ treatments under one roof
- Quality treatment that will never burn your pocket
- 1000+ surgeons and specialists in one platform
- Tied up with 100+ hospitals in India
- Free human consultation and support for your disease
Get a FREE Quote
Let Our Medical Expert Call you Back
We provide healthcare services to all major cities in India like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, etc...