Medical science is creating miracles every single day. All thanks to growing medical tourism, every country across the globe can take advantage of advanced medical treatment, no matter if that country has a robust infrastructure or not. India is emerging as a favourite medical tourism destination due to availability of advanced but cost-effective treatment. If you are looking forward to undergoing treatment in India, Livonta Global can make your experience smooth by providing you a to z services regarding your medical travel. Getting a medical visa is the first step in the direction.
Those suffering from serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements, eye or kidney related diseases, heart problems, congenital disorders can get medical visas. One can also apply for it for organ transplantation, radiotherapy, plastic surgery and gene therapy. You must keep these things in mind while applying for a medical visa from Tanzania to India.
- Your purpose should be to travel to India for medical treatment.
- You need to take prior appointment with Indian hospital, healthcare centre or doctor
- You can take two medical attendants or family members along with you.
In order to get Indian medical visa from Tanzania you need to show the following documents at the visa processing centre.
- Online application form with all the required details
- Official letter from Tanzanian Hospital describing the reason you need specialized medical treatment abroad.
- Appointment letter from an Indian hospital, healthcare centre or doctor
- Proof of income, bank statement to show that you have sufficient balance to sponsor medical travel to India.
- Passport that is valid for more than 6 months. Passport’s expiry date should exceed the visa’s validity.
- Certificate of Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Medical visa fees
- Registration at the FRRO post arrival in India.
- Long term permanent residence proof (minimum 3 years)
How to File an Online Medical Visa Application from Tanzania?
You have to follow the below mentioned step by step procedure to apply for a medical visa.
- https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html is Indian Government’s official website for online visa application. Visit the site and select the ‘Regular Visa Application’ option.
- Form will ask you to fill up important details like the country’s name, name of the high commission, date of birth, nationality, e-mail address, expected date of travel, type of visa etc. Fill all the details and then enter the access code and click Continue.
- There are three pages in the form. Meticulously fill details in the form. Don’t forget to save the details in between so that you don’t lose the data in case of error.
- Provide details of family residence and occupation.
- The form will also ask you to fill details regarding your medical treatment. i.e, Tanzanian hospital where you were receiving treatment, Indian hospital where you intend to undergo treatment, total duration of treatment, purpose of visit, number of entries, intended date of journey, expected arrival and departure time, details of visit to SAARC country if any.
- You can either upload your latest photograph or paste in in the print out of the application form.
- On the third page, you can review all the details you have filled till now. Thoroughly check it and rectify the mistakes. If all the information filled is correct, you can continue the process.
- Before final registration, you will see a set of information on your screen. If you are good to go, press OK. If there is some need for modification, you can always click on Cancel.
- Choose a convenient date for visiting the visa processing centre. You can click on confirm the appointment.
- Once you confirm the appointment, the website will show you another window offering you two options- print the application or save it online. It is always advisable to save it before printing it. Directly choosing a printing option may result in loss of data and you will have to fill up the entire form again.
- On the homepage there is an option called ‘Print Registered Application’. Select it and take the print out.
- Those who have not uploaded a digital photo in the application form will have to paste it on the first page of the application. The size of the photo should be 2-inch X 2-inch.
- You have to sign under the photograph in the rectangular box. Do the same in the box provided at the bottom of the second page.
- After finishing the process, visit the visa processing centre along with the application form and the above-mentioned documents on the date of appointment.
Visa Processing Fees:
Six-month medical visa- 175000 Tshs (78 USD)
One-year medical visa- 255000 Tshs (114 USD)
How Much Time Will it Take?
Citizens of Tanzania generally get a visa within three working days while residents of other countries receive it within five working days.
Indian High Commission, Tanzania- Contact Details:
Address: Shaaban Robert Street, Plot no. 213/51, PO Box 2684, Dar es Salaam
Country and area code:255 – 22
PABX:2113094 / 2113096
Fax:2113049 / 2113092
Working hours:Monday to Friday
Consulate General of India, Zanzibar- Contact Details
Consul General:Mr. TC Barupal
Address:8, Migombani, P.O.Box 871, Zanzibar
Phone:(24) 223-2711 / 0720
Procedure After Arriving in India:
The Government of India has formed a regulatory body named Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO)/ Foreign Registration Office (FRO) for registering foreign nationals visiting India. If your age is 16 years or more, you must register yourself here within 14 days of arrival in India. An authorized representative can also register on your behalf. If you want to reduce the hassle, you can register yourself online by visiting the official government website- https://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/. There is a provision to make digital payment as well. If you are applying online, be prepared to upload required documents and your recent photograph. If you do not register within 14 days, you will have to pay a US$30 late fee which is subject to revision.
Keep these documents handy while applying online:
- Original and photocopy of the passport
- Original and photocopy of the visa
- Four recent passport size photographs of the applicant
- Residence Proof
- Official letter from the Indian hospital where the patient is to undergo medical treatment. You will also have to submit relevant medical documents and provide details of anticipated duration of stay. In case the patient is admitted at the hospital immediately after arriving in India, one can submit a medical certificate with the applicant’s attested photo and a certificate from the doctor.
Can I Extend my Medical Visa?
This is possible only when the doctor finds that the patient needs to stay in India for a couple of days/weeks or months longer for complete recovery. For medical visa extension, a letter from a recognized hospital or reputed doctor is required along with other medical documents.
Contact us on – https://www.livontaglobal.com/contact/ or Call us on – +91-8733025959 or Email us on – email@example.comMedical Visa