Dr. Indira Hinduja - Consultant in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Padmashree Dr. Indira Hinduja, being a renowned Obstetrician/Gynaecologist Infertility & ART specialist. Her pioneering work in ART led the birth of scientifically documneted first IVF baby in India on 6th Aug 1986. GIFT baby on 7th Jan 1988 & oocyte donation baby on 24/1/1999. She has to her credit more than 115 national & international publications along with numerous awards of which the most prestigeous being the “Padmashree & Dhanvantari”. Her enthusiasm for research has paved her way into stem cell bilogy with pioneering work in Embryonic stem cells, somatic cell Nuclear transfer, very small Embryonic stem cells & last but not the least introduced pleurepotent stem cells
Membership & Certificates
- Bombay Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society.
- Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists.
- Indian Association of Sex Educators, Counsellors and Therapists.
- Indian Fertility Sterility Society.
- Indian Society for the study of reproduction and fertility.
Awards and Honours
- Dr.Hinduja delivered India’s s first test tube baby at KEM Hospital
- Young Indian Award – 1987
- Outstanding Lady Citizen of Maharashtra State Jaycee Award – 1987
- Bharat Nirman Award for Talented Ladies – 1994
- International Women’s Day Award by the Mayor of Bombay – 1995