Dr. J.K.B.C. Parthiban - Senior Consultant in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Dr.J.K.B.C.Parthiban is a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon with expertise in Micro Neurosurgery and special interest in Spinal Surgery. After obtaining M.B.B.S (1983) and M.Ch. Neurosurgery (1991) from Madurai Medical College, Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamilnadu he focused his career in excelling in Microsurgical techniques in Spine and Brain surgery. By actively participating in most of the spine conferences in the early 90s in India, he made friends with spine loving orthopaedic and neurosurgeons all over the country and abroad. This friendship encouraged him to conduct workshops, conferences and live demonstrations on spine surgery since 1991 to till date. Contribution in the form of demonstrations of pedicle screw fixations in early 90s and the resultant teaching quality enabled him to start Fellowship programmes in spinal surgery in 2001 to train young ortho and neurosurgeons. Skill in microsurgical techniques and spinal instrumentation made him one among the complete Neurospine surgeons in India. Academic contributions in the form of Original articles on Cervical interbody allo/auto grafts, Ventral screw fixation for type 2 Odontoid fractures and Double hook retractor for Microlumbar discectomy and Text book chapters on Posterior cervical fusion techniques, Fusion techniques in lumbar spine and Pedicle screw fixation in ‘Text book of Operative Neurosurgery’ are few among many to mention.
Membership & Certificates
- Neurological Society of India
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Neurotrauma Society of India
- Indian Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Indian Society of Cerebro Vascular Surgery (ISVCS)
- Spinal Cord Society (Indian Chapter)
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Spine Arthroplasty Society (SAS)
Awards and Honours
- TEAM TECH – ANSYS ‘Award of Excellence’ – 2004 from Padmashri Prof. R.M.Vasagam, at International Conference on Total Engineering, Analysis ans Manufacturing Technologies, Bangalore
- Leading Spine Surgeon – recognition from Prof H. Michael Mayer and Synthes at India Spine Vision 2007, Virtuoso Roundtable, New Delhi 2006.