He is amongst the senior-most weight loss (Bariatric) surgeons of India and also the first surgeon in India to perform a RoboticGastro-intestinal surgery in 2010. He has 18 years of experience in the field of advanced minimal access surgery, both laparoscopic and robotic.
He is one of the few surgeons performing all types of bariatric surgeries like the Banded Gastric Bypass, Banded Sleeve Gastrectomy, and MiniGastricBypass. He also performs Sleeve Gastrectomy with Duodeno-jejunalbypass, a new and popular weight loss surgery with excellent outcomes with respect to excess weight loss and resolution of type II DiabetesMellitus.He also specializes in SILS(SingleIncisionLaparoscopicSurgeryor scarless surgery).
Our center is well known and reputed in handling revision bariatric surgeries and also patients wh come with complications following a bariatric surgery elsewhere. We get patients from different parts of India and other countries regularly for the same.
- 20 years experience in GI Surgeries.
- 12 years experience in Robotic GI surgeries
- 10 years experience in Bariatric and Metabolic surgeries
Education & Training
- MS (General Surgery) – T N Medical College & BYL Nair Hospital
- FIAGES, FALS, FALS (Bariatrics)
- Fellowship in Robotic and Advanced GI Laparoscopy, Italy
- Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery, Boston, USA
- Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy, Bordeaux, France
- The Marquis who’s who awards in Medicine and health care (USA) 2011-12
- Bariatric(weight loss) surgery
- Surgery for reversal of type II Diabetes Mellitus
- Single-incision surgery
- Advanced and complex GI and HPBsurgeries
- Robotic GI surgery
- Executive council member – IAGES (Indian Association of Gastro-intestinal EndoSurgeons)
- OSSI (Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India)
- Founder member, CRSA (Clinical Robotic Surgery Association)
- Founder member, AMASI (Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India)
- IHPBA (International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association)
- IMA (Indian Medical Association)