Dr Madhu YC - Senior Consultant and Chief of Surgical Oncology in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Dr Madhu is a senior consultant and chief of surgical oncology at BGS Global Hospitals, Bangalore. He graduated from prestigious Kasturba Medical College from Mangalore University. He completed his post-graduation in General surgery from Govt (Mysore) Medical College from Mysore and super specialty in surgical oncology from B J Medical College, Ahmedabad, and Gujarat.
He holds over ten years of experience in the management of complex cancer surgeries. He has obtained special training in thoracoscopic onco surgery and advanced laparoscopic surgery for the management of cancer of lung, esophagus, mediastinal tumors and various gastro- intestinal cancers. He is well verse in handling Liver and pancreatic cancers including supra major Liver and pancreatic resections. He has performed more than two thousand cancer surgeries including Major and Supra Major surgeries. He has special expertise in the management of breast cancer, especially conservative breast cancer surgeries by oncoplastic techniques.
Dr Madhu has a special interest in the management of ovarian cancer by Sugar Baker technique of surgery and heated intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC). He’s been instrumental in developing a new surgical technique of chest wall reconstruction.
- Successfully resected 57 kg Ovarian tumor from a 58-year-old lady (Largest In India, Worlds Third Largest)
- Performed new surgical technique of chest wall reconstruction
- First to perform Lung resection (lobectomy) in Malnad region of Karnataka
- First to perform liver resection (right hepatectomy) in the Malnad region of Karnataka State
- First to perform Whipples resection in Malnad region of Karnataka State
- Conducted more than 50 CMEs
- Conducted more than 25 Cancer detection camps
- Performed more than 2000 surgeries including major & supra-major surgeries
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Precise Medicine