Dr Pankaj Agarwal is one amongst very few Internationally Fellowship-Trained Movement Disorders Specialists in India, and is truly passionate about helping to improve the lives of people with diseases of Movement such as Parkinson’s Disease, Tremor and Dystonia.
He is recognized as one of the finest exponents of Botulinum –toxin injection or ‘Botox’ as it is more commonly known – technique for Focal Dystonia in India and is a Recognized Trainer for Neurologists, Physiotherapists and other professionals in the use of Botulinum toxin injection in National and International workshops and Conferences.
He holds experience and expertise in the Medical, Surgical and post-operative management of patients who undergo Deep Brain Stimulation(DBS) Surgery, to improve the Quality of Life of patients with Parkinson’s Disease, Tremor and Dystonia.
Membership & Certificates
- The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (IPMDS)
- The Movement Disorder Society of India (MDSI)
- Parkinson Disease and Movement Disorder Society (PDMDS) Mumbai
- Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN)
- Maharashtra Academy of Neurology (MAN)
Awards and Honours
- Travel Grant Award- Movement Disorder Society for International Congress on Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders. Vancouver, Canada June 2017
- Travel Grant Award- Movement Disorder Society for XVII International Congress on Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders. Sydney, Australia June 2013.
- Winner 2nd Place: Video Challenge (Video ‘Akhada’) at the 1st MDSICON Chennai 2016. Judges: Drs. Anthony Lang, Kailash Bhatia
- Movement disorder treatments
- Multiple sclerosis treatments
- Cerebrovascular disease and stroke treatments
- NeuroAIDS treatments
- Epilepsy treatments
- Headache treatments
- Vestibular treatments
- Neuromuscular tisease treatments
- Cognitive disorder treatments