Dr. Percy Chibber - Sr.Consultant in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Dr. Chibber took his basic medical and general surgical training and degree from the TN Medical College and Nair Hospital, Mumbai. He stood FIRST in the University of Mumbai at the MS (Gen Surgery) exam and also at the FCPS examination. He took his specialized training in Urology at the University of Edinburgh Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation at the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh. He took further training in Percutaneous Renal Surgery and Radiology at the Institute of Urology: the St Peter’s and Paul’s Hospitals, London and at the Long Island Jewish Hospital, New York. Dr. Chibber has surgical and teaching experience of 33 years. Dr. Chibber pioneered the practice and teaching of PCNL, Ureteroscopy and Laparoscopic Urology in India. He was Hon. Professor and Head of Urology and Renal Transplantation at the Grant Medical College and the JJ Group of Hospitals and left after 25 years. He has also been with the Jaslok Hospital for the last 25 years
Membership & Certificates
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Awards and Honours
- President of the Urological Society of India (2015) – 2015
- Past President of the West Zone Chapter of the USI and of the Mumbai Urology Society.
- Examiner at PG exams in Urology at the Mumbai University, Gujarat University, All India Institute of Urology etc.
- Four Gold Medals for standing first in the University of Bombay (MS)
- Gold Medal for standing first at the FCPS examination
- Invited scholar at the Cleveland Clinic for Laparoscopic Urology
- Director of Laparoscopic Training at the Johnsons & Johnson Course in Mumbai
- Training Faculty at CEMAST, Mumbai
- Numerous citations, orations and invited lectures in India and abroad (USA, Europe, UK, and Australia)