Dr. Thirumalaisamy S.G - Consultant & HOD in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Dr.S.G.Thirumalaisamy was trained in orthopaedics and trauma in India and England. He was graduated from Madurai Medical College in 1986 and underwent orthopaedic postgraduate training in India between 1988-1994. Having passed PLAB Test in London (1995), he worked in several Hospitals of Cambridge orthopaedic rotation. He did his senior registrar post in Ipswich hospital, Suffolk before returning to India in 2000. He was trained in hip resurfacing, hip and knee replacement surgeries in England. He is working in KMCH as consultant of Orthopaedic Department with emphasis on primary & revision hip and knee replacement surgeries as well as arthroscopic procedures of knee and shoulder He is a member of British Trauma Association and active Faculty member in AO courses in India.
Membership & Certificates
- Life member, Indian Orthopaedic Association – Membership No-3619
- Life member, Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association – Membership No-LT 09
- Life Member, Asia pacific Orthopaedic Association
- Past Executive Committee Member, Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association
- Life Member, Indian medical Association
- Member, AO Foundation, Swiss
- Member, British Trauma Association and active Faculty member in AO courses in India.
Awards and Honours
- Awarded ” BEST DOCTOR AWARD” by The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University in the year, 2012.
- “Management of tibial plateau fracture by Operative method”-Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association Conference, 1993- “Won Gold Medal”
- “Posterior dislocation of hip with wall fracture-Surgical management”-Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association Conference, 1994. “Won the gold medal for that year”.
- “Hybrid Fixator for Unstable proximal tibial fractures” – Won Gold Medal for “Best Paper” presentation in Indo-German Orthopaedic Foundation Conference held at Cochin, October 2002.
- “Innovative nailing Technique for Proximal Tibial Fractures”- Won Gold Medal for “Best Paper Award” Presented a paper on at the 37th annual TNOACON-2004, Nagercoil, February 2004
- “Innovative reduction technique in displaced Acetabular Fractures” – Won Gold Medal for Prof. P. Dhanarajan Medal in TNOACON 2006, Chennai, March 2006.
- “Floating Hip- Surgical Management”-Dr. Parthasarathy, Dr. Sugavanam and Dr.Thirumalaisamy, Won Gold Medal in International Nailscon -2006, Coimbatore.
- “Surgical treatment of Distal and femur fracture – a Study between Locked Compression plating and IMSC Nailing” – Dr. Vishu Ramanujam, Dr. S. G Thirumalaisamy, Won Gold Medal in TRAUMACON – 2010, Jenny Club, Coimbatore.
- Soft Tissue Repair
- Joint Replacement
- Revision Joint Surgery
- Bone Fracture Repair
- Fusion of bones
- Spine Fusion
- Knee Replacement
- Hip Replacement