Luckily, so many hospitals are offering cancer treatment in India today. People are suffering from different types of cancer. Cancer is a deadly or a chronic disease. Colon cancer is one of them. If you get affected by this disease, you should seek out the best cancer treatment India. Colon cancer is something that affects older adults. Sometimes, even young people might suffer from this ailment. Livonta Global is a well-reputed company that provides medical tourism in India. They are tied up with 1000+ specialists and 100+ hospitals across India. You can get quality treatment when you use their services.
As per the doctors, you do not have to worry about this particular cancer until you reach 50 years of age. If you cross fifty years, doctors might ask you to go for a cancer screening.
Pain That Accompanies Colon Cancer
A colon is an internal body part that is useful to us because it helps in absorbing the food and in eliminating waste products out of the body. People who get affected by cancer in the form of a tumor might not realize that it has formed in the body.
But what people might experience severe pain in the abdomen. If you are getting frequent pain in the stomach, it is wise to consult with a medical practitioner so that he can diagnose. They might recommend you to undergo a cancer screening test. You should be consulting a gastroenterologist when you have pain in the abdomen.
Symptoms of Colon Cancer
When a person has colon cancer, he might get experience only a few signs. In some cases, they might not even get any symptoms. Hence, if a person is getting bleeding in the rectum, they should become vigilant and visit the doctor before taking any medicine or treatment. Sometimes, blood might come through the stools.
A specialist might recommend doing the fecal occult blood test. This test will help in detecting if there is any blood in the stools. Blood with other symptoms should alert the person who is suffering from this condition to meet with a gastroenterologist.
Here are some signs that should be of concern:
Rectal bleeding, in other words, blood from the rectum, anus, or the colon. If you notice bright red color blood in the stool, you should go for an evaluation. Sometimes, it is difficult to notice any traces of blood as it can convert the stool to black or tarry stool.
- People who are anemic do not experience rectal bleeding. But, if you are looking pale, it might be because of this condition.
- Experiencing fatigue and feeling weak.
- Change in the movement of the bowels.
If the tumor is large, it might block the colon entirely or partially, depending on its size. Now, this can cause a lot of drastic changes to bowel functionality. When this happens, these are the symptoms that you might observe.
- Abdominal Distension: You might observe swelling near the stomach. Now, this might happen because of overeating, constipation, pregnancy, or because of wind. The size of the belly is larger than usual when this happens.
- Abdominal Cramps: Colon cancer happens in the colon or the large intestine. Now, as a result of it, it can affect the bowel movements. Since there is going to be a drastic change in the bowel movement, people have this condition might encounter things such as abdominal pain, cramping, and bloating.
Apart from these, here are a few other symptoms one might experience:
- Sudden loss of weight
- Frequent vomiting and nausea
- Ribbon-like or small-caliber stools
- Feel as if the bowel is full even after emptying it
Facts About Colon Cancer
Getting the best cancer treatment in India is possible. One has to research a hospital thoroughly before using its services.
Ways to Prevent Colon Cancer
Preventing colon cancer is entirely, possibly, if you change your lifestyle.
- Quit smoking immediately. Avoid tobacco even if you smoke rarely. People who smoke are at a higher risk of getting colon cancer.
- Take folic acid (low dose) every day after consulting with the doctor.
- Pursue a healthy lifestyle.
- Participate in physical activities such as aerobics, swimming, dancing, walking, etc. to stay fit.