Mouth cancer occurs when unrestrained growth of cells inside the mouth happens. Mouth cancer symptoms can easily be detected as compared to other types of cancer. Mouth cancer can start in different parts of the mouth, including the lips, gums or soft sides of the mouth. According to the American Cancer Society, about 53,000 Americans had diagnosed with mouth and oral cancer in 2019. The average age at diagnosis is 62 years old, but around 25% of cases happen before the age of 55. A plethora of medical science has claimed that males are more susceptible to developing mouth cancer than their female partners.
If you are looking for the best cancer treatment in India including mouth cancer treatment, be in touch with Livonta Global. Livonta Global is associated with many leading hospitals in India that used to provide the latest cancer treatment in India to patients.
But before plunging into any oral cancer treatment method, let’s take a look at some of the surprising facts about oral cancer.
- In the UK, one person is diagnosed with mouth cancer every 45 minutes.
- This is almost eleven and half thousand people every year.
- Mouth cancer claims more lives (nearly double) than testicular and cervical cancer combined.
- On Britan’s record, every year, mouth cancer takes more lives than road traffic accidents.
- Mouth cancer is diagnosed in more than twice as many men as women. But unfortunately, the cases in women are increasing over the past few years.
- Surprisingly, one in ten people has never heard of mouth cancer.
- Over the last decade, cases of mouth cancer have increased by more than a third.
- If diagnosed lately, then nearly 50 percent of people can overcome this cancer, compared to 90% if it is caught early.
- Scotland has more cases per capita than in England, Northern Ireland or Wales.
- Mouth cancer is one of the very few cancers that incidences are predicted to enhance in the future.
- Indubitably, smoking is one of the prime leading causes of mouth cancer.
- But several medical studies have claimed that HPV will overtake it as the leading cause of mouth cancer within the next decade.
- HPV is mainly transmitted through oral sex.
- Extending the HPV vaccine to include boys of school-age will save a chunk of lives.
- Uncontrolled use of alcohol is linked to more than a third of mouth cancer cases in men and a fifth in women.
- Heavy drinkers and smokers are more prone to have mouth cancer.
- If you visit your dentist regularly, then he can spot the early stages of mouth cancer by a thorough mouth examination.
- As part of every check-up, your dentist will carry out a visual examination to look for the early signs of mouth cancer.
- Anyone can get affected by mouth cancer.
- Some prominent signs and symptoms of mouth cancer include:
- Ulcers that don’t heal within three weeks.
- Red or white patches in the mouth.
- Any unusual lumps or swellings in the head and neck area
21. If you are suspecting anything, visit your dentist or doctor as soon as possible for a thorough oral check-up.
Do you want a full oral check-up? Consult with Livonta Global as soon as possible. Because Livonta Global is partnered with many reputed doctors and hospitals who will help you in diagnosing the early signs and symptoms of mouth cancer.
Don’t hide or hesitate, if you have noticed any lump or irregular bleeding, talk to Livonta Global and go for the best cancer treatment in India.Cancer Treatment