9 Signs Your Liver May Be Damaged
A liver plays an imperative role in your digestive system. The prime responsibilities of the liver are cleaning out toxins from your blood, processing medicines, producing bile, helping in digesting fat, storing glucose and producing proteins. So, the role of a liver is undeniable in your life. But sometimes, repeated damage to the liver can lead to inflammation, scarring and cirrhosis. This may change the basic structure of the liver and because of it, the liver may not function properly. High consumption of alcohol or toxins, an unhealthy diet, and some viral infections like hepatitis, can cause damage to the liver.
If you feel your liver is damaged or unable to function properly, you should consult with the best liver doctors in India. Livonta Global is very popular in the field of medical tourism. The company is also tied up with the best liver hospitals in India. If you want to get admitted to these liver hospitals in India for your liver treatment, you must get in touch with Livonta Global.
Here, we are mentioning some signs of liver damage so that you can take proper precautions and medications to prevent further damage.
- Fatigue and Tiredness: These are common symptoms of liver damage. But doctors are still not able to find the reason how exactly liver damage causes tiredness.
- Nausea (feeling sick): You may feel nausea because toxins are building up in the bloodstream. Since your liver is damaged, it is unable to filter out toxins from your body.
- Pale stools: The bile salts which are produced by the liver cells are responsible for the dark colour of your stool. If the stools are pale, it may indicate a problem associated with the liver or other parts of the biliary drainage system. Black tarry stools may happen in advanced liver disease and are caused by blood passing through the gastrointestinal tract. This condition needs urgent medical attention and treatment.
- Yellow skin or eyes (jaundice): The prime reason for jaundice is the build-up of bilirubin (a bile pigment) in the blood because it can’t be processed effectively. You may also feel itchy skin for the same reason.
- Spider naevi (small spider-shaped arteries that appear in clusters on the skin): Spider naevi look like a red dot with blood vessels blistering out from the centre like a spider’s legs. This is common in healthy women. But if they are found in larger numbers on the upper half of the body or in men, then they indicate some liver diseases.
- Bruising easily: You may bruise easily because your damaged liver may not able to produce clotting factors.
- Reddened palms (palmar erythema): people who are dealing with liver cirrhosis develop palmar erythema (a condition with reddening of the skin on the palms).
- Dark urine: urine that is dark orange, amber, cola-coloured or brown can indicate liver disease. The colour is mainly due to too much bilirubin building up. Because your liver can’t break it down normally.
- Swollen abdomen (ascites): Ascites happens because fluid is retained in the abdomen. The legs and ankles may also become engorged or swollen due to fluid retention.
These are 9 signs which may indicate that your liver is damaged or may not functioning well. If these signs or symptoms are persistent, you need immediate medical attention.
Livonta Global is a renowned name in the field of medical tourism. The company is partnered with many reputed and the best liver hospitals in India which are providing 360-degree liver treatment to patients who are suffering from various liver diseases.Liver Transplant Treatment
Tags: 9 Signs Your Liver May Be Damaged, best liver hospitals in India, Signs Your Liver May Be Damaged