Oral cancer is a very common type of cancer that is characterized by an uncontrollable growth of cells that invade your oral tissues and cavities. If you have noticed any signs or symptoms of oral cancer, you should take consult from the best cancer hospitals in India for a detailed analysis. As per the reports of The Oral Cancer Foundation over 57% of everyone in the United States diagnosed with oral cancer survives almost years. This means early treatment is very much required to combat oral cancer.
Livonta Global has an excellent hold and reputation in the field of medical tourism. The company is partnered with many reputed and prominent hospitals that provide the best cancer treatment in India.
Signs and symptoms of Oral cancer
Sometimes, early signs of oral cancer may be mistaken for other problems, like a toothache or cold. But if you have experienced all these symptoms for several weeks or months, then you must consult with a doctor to know if oral cancer is present or not. If oral cancer is there, it will be diagnosed as early as possible. Due to other reasons, you may experience oral tumours that are less serious conditions.
Common oral cancer symptoms are,
- Persistent mouth sores that won’t heal easily
- Persistent mouth pain
- A lump or thickening in the cheek
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue, tonsil, or lining of the mouth
- A sore throat or persistent feeling that something is caught in the throat
- Difficulty in chewing
- Difficulty in jaw or tongue movement
- Numbness of the tongue
- Jaw swelling that makes dentures hurt or fit poorly
- Loosening of the teeth
- Pain in the teeth or jaw
- Voice changes or hoarseness
- A lump in the neck
- Unexplained weight loss for no reason
- Persistent bad breath
If any of these symptoms appear or persist for weeks, your consulted doctor may suggest doing an oral cancer test.
Can Oral Cancer be Treated?
There are different and multiple ways of treatment for oral cancer. But at first, you need to diagnose it to understand the nature of cancer. A diagnostic exam will be conducted to figure out exactly what you are up against. There will be a physical examination and the doctors will remove at least some tissue for a biopsy. Imaging tests and care inspections are also be recommended.
After that, you need to proceed with oral surgery or radiation therapy and possibly chemotherapy, targeted drug therapy, or immunotherapy protocols depending on your condition.
What I can do to prevent oral cancer?
- Don’t smoke or use any tobacco products.
- Drink alcohol moderately (and refrain from binge drinking).
- Eat a well-balanced and wholesome diet.
- Restrict your exposure to the sun. Repeated exposure enhances the risk of cancer on the lip, especially the lower lip.
- If you need to go outside, use UV-A/B-blocking sun-protective lotions on your skin and lips.
In the above article, we have discussed the signs and symptoms of oral cancer and how can we prevent it.
Livonta Global is a pre-eminent company in the field of medical tourism that is associated with many popular and reputed cancer hospitals in India. These hospitals provide 360-degree treatment for cancer. If you have experienced any of the signs and symptoms of oral cancer, without delay get in touch with Livonta Global or you can send your query to the official website of Livonta Global.Cancer Treatment