THINGS YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT NON-ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER
Fatty liver is a very common problem nowadays as per doctors’ fatty liver disease is confirmed when fat represents 5 to 10% of the liver’s weight. This condition develops alongside obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes along with several other diseases. Person suffering from a type of inflammation called NAFLD can result in cirrhosis which is a dysfunction of the liver and can cause a serious problem. Liver transplant in India is a costly operation but has to be performed if the patient has this serious condition
Reasons of Fatty Liver
If you consult the best liver hospital in India, you will get to know that there are various reasons for deposition of fat in the liver such as during pregnancy or due to high alcohol consumption. The healthy liver removes all the unwanted and toxic substances from the body and if the liver doesn’t work properly, it may cause serious problems inside the body.
Too much consumption of fatty food may lead to production of fat inside the body or if the body does not metabolize fat properly it can accumulate in the liver and this accumulation of fat in liver may lead to fatty liver or NAFLD. If fat will continuously keep accumulating in the liver it may lead to liver failure.
In fact, many people suffering from fatty liver are actually not aware about this disease. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases 24% of adults and 10% of children in the US are suffering from NAFLD. If NAFLD is not treated properly this may cause a serious health issue such as liver transplantation.
Symptoms of Liver Failure
The symptoms of liver failure are as follows:
- Weakness & Fatigue
- Dark Urination
- Itching, Vomiting, Diarrhea
- Changes in menstruation cycle
- Swelling in ankles, feet and legs
- Red patches on the palms of the hand.
- Pale or dark stools
- Enlarged breast in males and loss of sexual desire.
- Difficulty in concentration, confusion, memory loss, personality changes.
- Swelling and pain in the abdominal area due to build-up of fluid.
If we talk about medical treatment of fatty liver so exactly there is no treatment but there are various strategies which can reduce the risk of fatty liver or it can also cure the problem to some extent.
As per the American Liver Foundation:
- Weight loss is the best medicine for this disease.
- Consumption of fresh food, green vegetables and fruits on a daily basis.
- Consume healthy oils such as soybean oil, sunflower oil, Olive oil, etc.
- Consumption of saturated fats and red meat must be avoided.
- Avoid food which contains added salts.
- Intake of sugar and added salt must be controlled.
- Regular exercise of 30 minutes must be done on a daily basis.
- Consumption of liquors must be avoided.
Apart from this consult your doctor and follow the instructions given by the medical practitioner. Always consult the doctors before taking any kind of vitamins, supplements, any herbal remedies or vaccination for hepatitis A or B. The excess deposition of fat in the liver leads to NAFLD although there is no major symptom but avoiding such disease may cause a serious health issue in future.
Fatty liver problems can be easily diagnosed by doctors by doing simple liver functioning tests. These serious conditions can be easily avoided by some simple measures such as intake of balanced diet, regular exercise, consumption of good oil, etc.Liver Transplant Treatment
Tags: best liver hospital in India, best liver transplant hospitals in India, best liver transplant in India, Best Liver Treatment Hospitals in India, Course of Liver Treatment