Being one of the deadly and lethal diseases, cancer needs proper medical attention and care. With the advent of medical technologies, many cancer treatments are available. Depending on your health condition and the severity of the disease, you may receive either one or a combination of treatments. Let’s take a look at what are 3 types of treatments for cancer?
If you or your family members have diagnosed with cancer, you should get in touch with Livonta Global which will help you in getting the best cancer treatment in India.
The Top 3 Types of Cancer Treatment
The prime aim of cancer treatment is to cure or arrest the growth of cancerous cells so that you can lead a normal life. The top 3 types of cancer treatments are,
- Primary treatment: The prime aim of primary treatment is to kill or utterly destroy the cancerous cells. The most common primary treatment for any types of cancer is surgery. But if your cancer is particularly sensitive to radiation therapy or chemotherapy, then you may get any one of these therapies as your primary treatment.
- Adjuvant treatment: the main goal of this therapy is to kill remaining cancerous cells after primary treatment. This may minimize the chance that cancer will recur. Any cancer treatment can be used for adjuvant therapy. Common adjuvant therapies are chemotherapy, radiation therapy and hormone therapy. Neoadjuvant therapy is getting popular these days. But this treatment is used before the primary treatment. This makes primary treatment facile, more effective and easier.
- Palliative treatment: This treatment is ideal in minimizing or relieving the side effects of treatment or signs and symptoms caused by cancer. Surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and hormone therapy can all be used to dismiss symptoms. Other medications are also used by experts to relieve symptoms like pain and shortness of breath.
Cancer Treatment Options
Your cancer treatment options will depend on multifarious factors including the type and stage of your cancer, your overall health, and preferences. The cancer treatment options are,
- Surgery: The surgery is the most common treatment method which is used to remove cancer as much as possible.
- Chemotherapy: This therapy uses drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: In this therapy, high-intensity energy beams like X-rays or protons are used to kill cancer cells. Radiation can come from a machine which is placed either outside your body or inside your body.
- Bone marrow transplant: bone marrow is the material inside your bones. This makes blood cells from blood stem cells. In a bone marrow transplant (stem cell transplant), your bone marrow stem cells or those from a donor are used to treat cancer. Your doctor may need to use higher doses of chemotherapy along with bone marrow treatment to treat your cancer.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy or biological therapy uses your body’s immune system to combat cancer. Cancer can survive inside your body as your immune system is unable to recognize it as an impostor. Immunotherapy can help your immune system see cancer and kill it accordingly.
- Hormone therapy: Some types of cancers used to proliferate by your body’s hormones. Examples include breast cancer and prostate cancer. If you can remove those hormones from the body or can block their effects, then this may cause the cancer cells to stop growing.
- Targeted drug therapy: This treatment only focuses on specific anomalies within cancer cells that allow them to thrive.
- Radiofrequency ablation. This treatment employs electrical energy to produce heat to kill cancer cells. During radiofrequency ablation, a surgeon injects a thin needle through your skin or an incision and reach the cancerous tissue. High-frequency energy passes through the needle and produces enough heat that can kill the nearby cells.
- Clinical trials: Clinical trials are studies conducted by researchers to investigate new ways that can treat cancer. Thousands of cancer clinical trials are underway throughout the world.
Livonta Global is a reputed medical tourism company which offers you the best cancer treatment in India if you are diagnosed with this deadly disease. The company is partnered with many leading hospitals in India which provide 360-degree treatment for cancers. You must contact with Livonta Global for a better and comprehensive treatment for cancer.Cancer Treatment