It happens many times that you see a general physician of your locality for many small problems like fever, cold, stomach ache etc but Your primary care physician might not have all the solutions if you have a cardiac condition. You might need to see a medical professional with expertise in heart issues. Doctors that specialise in the prevention, detection, and treatment of cardiac diseases are known as cardiologists. They are specialists in the arteries and veins that transport blood as well as the heart muscle itself and hence we have the best heart treatment in India. While cardiologists specialise on cardiac issues, primary care physicians treat a wide variety of illnesses throughout the day. They are a fantastic resource to use if you wish to lower your chance of developing heart disease or if you already have the condition.
Types of Cardiologists
There are many types of cardiologists available and below are some of the most common cardiologists
- A general cardiologist is a physician who manages the treatment of adults with heart disease.
- A congenital cardiologist is a medical professional who deals with cardiac issues that have existed since birth or during childhood.
- A doctor with specialised training in treating patients in case of heart attack is a heart failure cardiologist.
- A physician who performs non-surgical techniques to repair weakened or diseased arteries, veins, and other cardiac structures is an interventional cardiologist.
- Those who treat irregular heartbeats who specialise in the electrical system of the heart are known as electrophysiologists.
- A highly trained surgeon who specialises in heart and chest surgery is a cardiovascular surgeon.
How to select the best cardiologist?
Choosing a cardiologist frequently begins with a primary care physician. Your doctor might order tests to screen for heart disease if you go to the clinic with specific symptoms or if you have a family history of the condition. Your health care doctor would most likely refer you to a cardiologist if these tests reveal that you have heart disease. If you have diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease in your family, a history of smoking, or you now smoke, you should consult a cardiologist.
If you previously had a cardiac condition such as during childhood but don’t now, you may decide to look for a cardiologist. Your risk of developing another cardiac condition in the future may be increased and you might have to undergo heart transplant in India.
Some important things to remember and follow
Some of the most important questions you must ask yourself and to follow them are mentioned below. This will help you to narrow your search for a good cardiologist and find the best one.
- You may visit the doctor’s office frequently for check-ups and tests if you have active heart disease. Location is crucial if you don’t want to travel far so make sure you choose a cardiologist near your home
- Always make sure that the cardiologist you select is qualified enough to treat all the heart ailments. The more degrees and experience he has, it will be better for you. He must be a good surgeon as well with a good number of years of experience.
- Nobody likes unanticipated medical costs. Verify if they are part of your network by calling your insurance provider or the cardiac clinic so that all the medical costs are reimbursed to you
- Consult your local friends and family. While online reviews might be beneficial, existing patients are more likely to provide you with an honest, unbiased response than online reviews.