How Timely Diagnosis At Right Time Can Avoid Complications Of Lung Cancer?
Regular health examinations are absolutely vital, and skipping them and waiting to diagnose lung cancer on the basis of symptoms might have catastrophic consequences. The scope for cancer treatment in India has improved significantly in the last couple of years. But there’s often lack of knowledge and reluctance to visit a doctor for routine exams -specially if they are cured initially.
Lung cancer symptoms are frequently confused with common coughing and other linked illnesses like asthma, etc. You will need doctors providing the best cancer treatment in India to help you understand what next steps should be followed to get better. Common misconceptions that exclusively associate smoking with cancer could cause a delay in making an accurate diagnosis of lung cancer.
Approximately 60–70% of people with lung cancer symptoms do not present themselves to hospitals, which means they arrive at the facility at stages 3 or 4 of the disease rather than at stage 1 or 2 of the illness. Patients may only require one modality in the early stages of the disease, but as the condition progresses, they may require many modalities and intricate treatment regimens.
Compared to non-small cell lung cancer, small cell lung cancer advances and spreads more quickly. Additionally, local methods of treatment like surgery or radiation are ineffective for treating this kind. 80–85 percent of patients with lung cancer have non-small cell lung cancer.
The first stage of a legion is a small tumour that is localised; the second stage is a slightly larger tumour; the third stage is lung metastasis; and the fourth stage is when the tumour has spread to other areas. Depending on the stage of lung cancer, the course of treatment varies.
Diagnosis of lung cancer
By exposing nearby parts of the legion, this test aids in determining the stage of lung cancer, whether it is at an early or advanced stage.
This examination is done to see if cancer has spread to other organs. This seldom test reveals the spread of cancer to adjacent tissues like the ribs or vertebrae.
PET CT scan
In addition to confirming the precise stage of the cancer and any potential internal dissemination, this test is used to determine whether it has spread throughout the entire body.
Lung Cancer Prevention and health checkup
Early detection of lung cancer is crucial, and this is made possible by routine medical examinations. The reduction of risk factors can be achieved by taking proactive efforts like:
- Avoid tobacco and stop smoking to prevent lung cancer.
- Drinking alcohol is also associated with a higher chance of developing lung cancer.
- Avoid being in any harmful setting, such as one with smokers, bars, or chemicals. If you must, put on a mask.
- Avoid getting unnecessary x-rays frequently. As much as you can, avoid radiation exposure.
- Maintain a diet rich in grains, vegetables, and fruits that is well-balanced, nutrient-rich, and healthy. adopt a weekly five-day exercise schedule. Lung cancer risk can be decreased, along with the risk of other types of cancer and heart conditions, by eating a diet high in fiber, low in fat, and full of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Additionally, get regular X-rays, full body exams, and lung cancer screenings to keep an eye on your health. To determine the prognosis of lung cancer, an early diagnosis is necessary. The state of the body’s health can be assessed through preventive health exams.
Tags: Chest X-rays, health checkup, MRI scan, PET CT scan, Prevention